The Soundtrack To My Life

Bleep bleep bleep! Cell phone alarm breaks the silence of my slumber
Thud, both bare feet hit the cold hardwood floor
Rat ta tat tat of the shower on my back
Vrurm electric toothbrush gliding across my teeth
Swish swish sliding hangers in my closet choosing my clothes
Bada bada bada skipping down the stairs to my breakfast nook
Sizzle my egg whites on the skillet
Ding! Microwave calling out to me that my oatmeal is done
Thump thump thump rabbit stomping feet as he explores the studio
BANG! shutting the door on my way into the world
Whiiiiir the wind tickles my cheek
Clicky click unlocking my car door
Er er er eeeer the roar up the engine as my car wakes up from its slumber
"This morning's traffic report brought to you by Key Bank..." the radio speaks to me
Boop boop boop garbage truck on the side of the road

In the office badaring bada-ring bada-ring the phone cries out
Wooooomf the space heater at my desk
Clickity clack clickity clack fingers hit the computer keyboard
Bada-ring bada-ring the phone cries out
Bleeeeep bleeeeep bleeeep fax machine screaming
Ding new email alert
Bada-ring bada-ring once again the phones

Dada da doom computer shuts down
eep eep forwarding the phones
clang shutting the office door at the end of my shift

"Don't stop thinking about tomorrow" radio serenades my journey home
Honnnnnk! I hesistated when the light turned green
Chirp! Chirp! Chirp! my parakeets greet me as I re-enter my house
berder der doobie da derder cell phone rings. It's Gina.

After the phone call, the tv shows, the nighttime shower, and the husbands kiss goodnight I wrap myself in the silence of my room as I drift off into my slumber.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I made a cameo in your daily writing! Thats not much of a surprise though huh? Ya know, since I am here (in your life) so often! Cheer up Buddy! We are the "Charmed Ones". I think its time we start living that way!

Post a Comment