I can't have my cake, eat it too, and then complain about my weight

It took me longer to get ready this afternoon and not because I'm a typical woman. I know women take soooo long to get ready: the hair, the make-up, the outfit, the accessories. That is totally not me. My husband takes longer to get ready than I do. I can put myself together in 30 minutes or less and that INCLUDES a shower. So what was up with today? I was stuck rummaging through my closet looking for something that fit me.

My weight is officially out of control. Well, let's be honest, it's been out of control for months. I am that person who eats crap, delicious crap, and then complains about my weight. Fortunately I have no health problems to date that are weight related, but diabetes and heart problems do run in my family. It's like I'm playing with a loaded gun here and one of these days its going to go off.

I have a choice: keep living like this or break the cycle. Laura Kaponer-Abate is the girl who cried diet after diet after diet. There are other aspects of my life that I am unhappy with, but this is one that I have complete control over. So I tell myself, "Quit your bitching and do something already." Diets don't work and I've been on enough of them to know. Life style changes do work. I have to view this as a one meal at a time, one day at a time, one week at a time approach to the rest of my life.

It would be nice to not get winded after climbing up one flight of stairs. It would be nice to be able to wear my beautiful sexy clothes. And it would be nice to feel good about myself and the choices I make. Here's to change. Can I finally do it? I hope so. We'll see. I'll keep my blog followers updated on a weekly basis with an included weight loss progress: gasp, I will as a woman post my weight out there for all to see. This will be further motivation for me to get my shit in order.

4 comments:

Claire Dawn said...

You don't look overweight in your pic.

I know how you feel. I'm at that point too. It's made ever more important by the fact that I'm in Japan so if I grow out of the clothes I have, I can't just walk into a store and buy new ones.

Still I don't really feel like doing anything about my weight right now :(

ElbieNy25 said...

My profile pic is from my skinny days. I would LOVE to look like that again. And at that point I still had another 15 to lose...

Julie said...

Stress leads to a lot of it too. I know when I'm stressed (and that includes writing every morning trying to knock out that best-seller) I can eat all the right things, do all the right cardio, and still never drop a pound. Not ONE pound! While others are dropping 5 pounds in one week I'm looking at the scale wondering if it's broken!

I started yoga about 3 months ago and I love, love, love it. I find 1 hour a day, three days a week to dedicate to ME without having to jump all around and be uncomfortable. The stretching and strengthing makes me feel so much better about myself--even if I've only dropped about 3 pounds in those 3 months!!

Remember...beauty is only skin deep (I HATE that saying but...) and as long as you love yourself the rest will fall into place. Eventually!

xoox

Chuck23 said...

I have found that I can have my cake for breakfast, and not feel half as guilty. I just give up the coffee creamer and drink my coffee black. That's how I justify it.

Post a Comment