Naked

I could take off all my clothes, but you would never see the real me
It's hidden deep beneath layers of fear and insecurity
Chained to the mistakes of my past I'm unwilling to let go
The darkest corners of a damged heart no one will ever know
I am an illusion, a trickery for your eyes
The person that you think you see has been puzzled together by lies
An armored defense against the fragility of my vulnerability
I could take off all my clothes, but you would never see the real me


**Disclaimer: This is only a cry for help to myself. I need to stop harming and start soothing**

4 comments:

Claire Dawn said...

I love the first (and last) line. I really love poetry that begins and ends in the same place. It feels so real somehow.

I just noticed it rhymes. lol. Sometimes ppl have to be a little contrived to rhyme, but this flowed so well, I just assumed it was non-rhyming.

Regina said...

You can only let people so close after everything that you have been through. It is a natural defense. Here you can be whoever you want to be without being afraid. Remember that healing takes time. Could be hours, days or years.

Anonymous said...

I like that you are writing poetry!! This has always been my favorite form of writing!! Keep it up!!

Chuck23 said...

This was the first blog that caught my eye on your page today. I enjoyed the idea, as I could relate to it. I've felt that way many times myself.

Post a Comment