www.gogo_dancersmarket.com

In an alternate reality EJ, Julie, and LB befriended one another on www.gogo_dancersmarket.com a website designed to help aspiring Go Go dancers harnace their craft and potentially find an agent or dance hall to employ them. This is a highly desired field that only the best of the best make it into and of those lucky few an even smaller percentage becomes a household name.

EJ has started a critique group where the members upload videos of performance ideas and they meet weekly to discuss how to further tweak that talent. The following is a chat on Google Messenger:

EJ: Julie I like what you've done with the feathers, but remember there is a fine line between classy and trashy. You don't want to overdo it because then you risk alienating potential customers.

Julie: Thanks EJ. I was hoping to make a statement that would help me stand out from the rest. It's so hard to break into this industry you know?

EJ: Tell me about it, I'm a guy going for it. How many male go-go dancers do you know?

LB: LOL. I had issues with the shoes you were wearing Julie. 9 inch heels are pretty risky. Unless you feel 100% confident in them you're going to hurt yourself.

Julie: Good point LB. I had a question for EJ.

EJ: Shoot.

Julie: Did you always want to be a Go-Go dancer?

EJ: No actually believe it or not I once wanted to write Young Adult non-fiction. But where's the challenge in that? Anyone can be a writer. And in the end that's not where my heart was.

LB: Tell me about it. When I see myself on the stage I'm hoping to be a featured dancer. I like to dream big. For me it's also about the financial security I could provide my family if I really make it.

Julie: I forget whose video we're reviewing next week?

LB: That would be mine. I'm trying something new with leather chaps and it'll be interesting to see what you guys think.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Holy hell that's funny! Chaps FTW!!! Good stuff, Laura.

Margo Kelly said...

uh... I wanna be a go-go dancer, TOO.

please?

I have my own feathers...

Post a Comment