10 Years From Now

Recently I did a blog about 10 years ago when I was bullied and tormented in High School. Inspired I decided to do a post where I see myself 10 years from now and since this is my fantasy the sky is the limit.

My Husband

Arena football games, Friday night poker, and 80's wrestling
He has the time and freedom to enjoy these things
No longer confined by a 3-job 70 hour work week
No more jobs, but a career he loves and makes good money doing
Adopting a black lab from a shelter and naming it Denny or Bandit
Visiting his good friend Joe in Arizona
Visiting his family in Italy
Afternoon naps on the living room recliner
Putting money away into IRA's, savings accounts, investments
Family dinners
Getting his master suite extension on the house


A Mother

Watching Saturday Morning cartoons
Running barefoot in the backyard while blowing bubbles
Reading bedtime stories when I tuck them in at night
Homework, parent teacher conferences, doctors check ups
Convincing them to eat vegetables even though I don't do it as much as I should
Family portraits in coordinated clothes (yes I am cheesy like that)
Visits to Santa and the Easter Bunny, visits from the Tooth Fairy
Spending the holidays in S.C. with my parents
Packing lunches for the pickiest of eaters
Worrying that I did enough or maybe that I did too much
Starting and ending each day with the words "I love you"
Passing my wisdom on to them even though atleast 80% of it will be ignored
Knowing that nothing else matters as long as they are happy, healthy, and safe

An Author

My agent is like an extended member of the family to me: tough yet encouraging
Successfully published 6 or 7 novels at this point
New York Times Best Sellers List
Cross-country book tour where I do readings and signings
Paying it forward I mentor a young aspiring novelist
This is my full time career
An adjunct professor at SUNY Albany
My skill has grown and developed with each new project
Financial security

Healthy

Finally taking better care of myself
Power walking every morning
Yoga every afternoon
Fruits, lean proteins, whole grains, and lots and lots of water
Combating anger with deep breathing and meditation
No longer holding it in, I scream and cry when life becomes too much
At peace with myself because I have let go of what hurt me in the past
Acupuncture and medicinal massage for my shoulder
A good nights rest when the kids let me
Limited treats because they are treats, not necessities
My biggest hunger is for life

3 comments:

Claire Dawn said...

You can practise everything under the healthy group starting now. Go for it!

Apart from that, most of these goals are pretty big and you need to make monthly and yearly steps to them. The thing I would advise you to do is make a list of smaller goals to get to these bigger things. If you dont't, sometimes a whole year goes by and nothing has changed and you end up wondering "Where the hell did that year go?"

ElbieNy25 said...

Claire you are so true. Thankfully that is why I wrote 10 years from now and not one year from now.

I am working on some smaller goals, thanks

Anonymous said...

work on the mommy goals now too! let your parents enjoy your children. MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL, DO NOT give up on anything you truly want for yourself!

Post a Comment