Nothing worth having comes easy, at least not for me

** Disclaimer: This post is about "women things"**

I have always had problems with my cycle; either not coming or coming too often. For the last four and a half months it didn't come at all. The doctor confirmed I was NOT pregnant, so she gave me a medicine to induce me. This medicine made me physically sick. Four periods jammed into one does not make my body happy, but it had to be done. This is why I can't get pregnant on my own because even when I do get my period my body doesn't release eggs.

Today was day one of taking the fertility drug that will hopefully get me pregnant and I spent most of the day doubled over in pain. I was groaning. I was crying. I was physically shaking. When I tried to sleep it off I had nightmares about taking caring of other people's babies, but never having one of my own. (This is a nightmare for someone trying to conceive)

My body had always been some sort of medical anomaly. I have medical conditions no one can diagnose therefore not properly treat. My test results always come back negative/normal even when something is clearly wrong with me (vomiting green). And when it comes to medicine I either have a strong reaction that only occurs in 1% of the population or no reaction at all.

I am going to look at the positive. Maybe my body is reacting so strongly to this medicine and this means it'll work. I need this to work. We've been trying for two years now with no success while at least five people around me were blessed with "oopsies". So I will grind my teeth, hold back the tears, and practice my deep breathing if it means I can end up with a baby in the end.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

First, I hope you didnt include me in the "oopsies" cause my baby was planned. Secondly, think about this...I am supposed to take my prenatal vitamins because they will help my baby, but they make me feel AWFUL!! So, hopefully this is just a time of your body adjusting to the new med since you havent ever taken anything like this before. PLUS, maybe it will take only the one month and even if it takes a little longer...if the end result is that you get pregnant, wouldnt it all be worth it?

Claire Dawn said...

Good luck, hon!

Post a Comment