Extreme Makeover Novel Edition

Thanks to Rita I have an exciting new title for my novel which is more true to teh story line and more enticing to potential readers, agents, and publishers. "The Journey" is now "Prep School Sins".

That's not where it ends though because I have some great re-write ideas that both include trimming the fat, making more sense of some confusing parts, and tightening up the story line.

First draft done in March
Second draft done in March by myself
Third draft done in April by Rita/myself
Draft four will be the labor of love with my critic partners EJ & Julie probably sometime in May...

Once the novel is a lean and sexy piece I will revamp my query letter as well. Here's to the great things yet to come...

2 comments:

Regina said...

I need to get off my ass and work on either revamping my first novel or finish one of the other four others I have partially started. I am so proud of you. I like the new title too. It gets your attention. The Journey was vague and just by title could be about any type of journey. Prep School Sins is more enticing to for the curious.

Anonymous said...

The changes sound great and I am glad you are sticking to this!! I know this must be hard work, but remember how good this is for your self esteem...

Post a Comment