Monkey Slippers




I can't begin to tell you how much it irritates me when someone tells me I am too old for something. It's very similar to that feeling I had as a kid when I was constantly told I was not old enough. Does the whole age thing work like the Goldilocks thing where there is one point that is just right?


Often when I dine out I'll ask for the children's menu because I like to color. There's a collection of Bratz Dolls and stuffed animals displayed in my second bedroom. On a warm Spring/Summer day you can find me playing with bubbles. There are nightlights throughout my home because I am still afraid of the dark. If all of this makes me some overgrown kid, then so be it.

Life as an adult is full of stresses: work, dating, chores, bills, health issues. Why not bring back some of the fun and easy times of our childhood if we can? Enter the monkey slippers.

No comments:

Post a Comment