Black Mary Janes Heels



The Last Dance

We both knew this moment would eventually come. Slowly and hesitantly we made our way towards one another on the dance floor. My head pressed against your chest, your heart beat in rhythm to the song. Your strong arms wrapped tightly around me. In this last dance we hold onto the happiness we once shared remembering all the laughter. I look up into your eyes where I used to see a future and now all I can see is a past.

There were angry ugly words that never should have been said as well as hurtful things that never should have been done. There is no going back to that boy and girl who were so mandly in love before things slowly began to fall apart. You are the person I want to run to and run away from all at the same time. How did we get this way?

No words are spoken. We just sway in our warm embrace. As the song dies down we lean into one another for that final kiss. Goodbye. Good luck. Good riddance. I'm sorry. It's all wrapped up into the soft brush of your lips against mine.

Then we walk our separate ways as the strangers we once were and now will be again.

No comments:

Post a Comment