Short, but not so sweet

I met someone, liked him, and it didn't work out. Unfortunately this is kind of a pattern of mine. Now in the past I would psycho analyze it all trying to figure out what I did wrong, but honestly why do I always have to be the one to blame? For the first time I actually believe the old pick me up "it's his loss".

After all the times I have been hurt by guys I was still willing to open myself up to someone new. That is a small victory for me. Maybe not so small actually. And I was willing to take a chance on something that I felt could have been amazing, he was too afraid to go there with me.

There is only one Laura Kaponer out there and she is smart, beautiful, kind, and an all around incredible person. The hopeless/hopeful romantic inside me still says that someday I will meet someone who will see all that and not want to let me go. I just have to be patient and keep living my life until that day comes.

I am hurt, I am disappointed, and I am a little sad. But we all know I have gotten over much bigger upsets and it's only made me stronger in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment