Randomness Infusion

I choose to believe the good in people despite a world that has taught me differently

Consistently I resisted to see what was so clearly in front of me
Stuck in a fairy tale in the same chapter on the same page
Naivety had become my iron cage
The faces they wear and choose to hide behind
The inception of deception has polluted the mind
I cannot be everything everyone wants me to be
An identity with warped elasticity
Your lies paralyze me
Whispers that should be shouts clawing their way out
Misery prospers in the drought of dreams
Once swept away by unkempt promises of another day
Time is an illusion designed for perpetual confusion
Would you even know the truth if it was presented to you?
A graveyard full of virtue, hope, and honor
A symphony for the deaf, an optical show for the blind
Some of us are crippled with a mountain to climb
Yank the beautiful roses, leave the weeds behind
Stuck in a trance falling down from your dizzying dance
Afraid of the fall, refuse the leap of chance

You want sunshine but refuse to leave the dark

No comments:

Post a Comment