OKCupid not so ok

Here's another edition of "Adventures in Online Dating". As a joke/out of curiosity Rita signed me up for Okcupid which is a free site. If I'm going to face rejection, why pay for it? Honestly I was expecting the same lack of interest I had experienced on the paid sites, but that was not the case. In the world of Okcupid there is always a full moon and the crazies run amok.


Here are some of the gems that approached me:

I'm 18 years old and looking for cougars. You are freakin hot! Hit me up sometime.

No thanks

Hey Ma what's good? You lookin' fine as hell. Curvy women do it best. Holla at yo boy

People like this need to be removed from the gene pool

Thirty fives years old, don't have a full time job right now because I like to dedicate as much time to LARPING as possible and working would get in the way of that. I live in my parent's basement, so if you come over you'd get to meet them right away! I am fluent in the romantic language of Klingon. Live long and prosper baby!

This one was real hard to resist, yet somehow I managed.

Hobbies include playing football, watching football, talking about football. I'm actually in college right now studying sports so I can become a football coach. I like movies about football, books about football, and created a meet-up group to play flag football. Most of my wardrobe consists of football jerseys. I am real well rounded individual with many interests. Look forward to hearing from you.

Um....yeah...no...WTF?!

Recreational drug user looking for someone to have some good casual sex with. Don't want a relationship unless it's an open relationship. P.S. I have a pet cat who rocks!

While I admire his openness I think I'll pass


So I am trying to decide what is worse: the lack of responses from quality men or the abundant responses from the weirdos? The above were just few examples as my inbox is overflowing with emails just like these. Oye me.

No comments:

Post a Comment