Revisiting an Old Friend

Here's a long anticipated interview with our favorite bad boy with the heart of gold, Reed from Prep School Sins and the sequel 10 years Later tells everyone where he and his friends ended up.



Q: We last left off with the much anticipated wedding. Is it right to assume it was Lauren and Caleb that tied the knot with you as the "Maid of Honor"?

(laughs) Yeah, there were several jokes made about me wearing a dress just like the other bridesmaids. I do have nice legs, but thought a tux like the guys would be best. Lauren and Caleb were meant for each other, we all knew it from the very start even though it took them a while to figure it out for themselves.

Q: But wasn't there some romantic history between you and Lauren?

Romantic ancient history. There was a brief thing between us back in high school, but she's become my closest friend now and I know that's the role she was meant to play in my life.

Q: Speaking of high school romance, did Dani and Perry ever figure things out?

Those stubborn idiots! I say that is the nicest possible way. Each one was holding onto pride instead of just admitting how they felt. I know from personal experience that you could miss out on something great that way. But it happened after the birth of their daughter. In the delivery room it just all came out, literally. Neither of them believe in marriage, so they are together and just figuring out how to make it work. Perry moved his career with National Geographic to a more domestic level and Dani's catering business is in high demand. They are quite the power couple.

Q: Don't think I didn't catch that little comment about missing out on something great. Were you referring to Lauren?

Are you really going to make me answer that? She's with the better man and I accept that. At the end of the day all I want is for her to be happy.

Q: Okay, okay I won't push. We haven't talked about Tyler yet. How's he fairing up?

He's been sober for several years now. And out of all the successes my friends have had over the years I have to say Tyler's sobriety is by far the most impressive in my opinion. And that foundation for at risk you he started a few years ago has really taken off. He refuses to use his families money and you know how well off the Fazio's are, the foundation is completely run on grants, donations, and through fundraising efforts. He feels that if he can prevent one kid from traveling that dark road he did then it's all worth it.

Q: There's more to that story though. Wasn't part of the reason Tyler started that program because of his sister?

(shakes his head) Natalia. For someone so destructive, many good things have come about because of her. And I may be a little biased here, but I think the best of them was my beautiful little angel Mia.

Q: That's right, you're a single dad with a very lucrative banking career.

I don't know about 'very lucrative career', I do alright for myself. I mean when I compare myself to Lauren starting her own national magazine, Caleb's architectural restoration business, Dani's catering company, Perry's National Geographic career, and Tyler's foundation...I really am the slacker just like I was in high school. Mia, seven years old now, is my big success. She's smart, sweet, and a well rounded child despite having not one but two crazies for parents. My mom teases me that she'll put me through way much more than I put her through, but I don't think the world could handle the second coming of Reed Hunter.

Q: Is it too touchy to ask how the newly weds are doing?

No, not at all since they're both two of my closest friends. Well it's been a couple of years, but they are very very happy. Fertility problems and all they had a very successful treatment of in-vitro after many attempts of course and are the proud parents of twins: a boy named Shamus after Caleb's late father and a girl named Elisabeth.

Caleb makes sure to work local jobs in order to be home evening and weekends with his family. Lauren travels to NYC once a month to oversea her magazine, but mostly she runs things from her satellite office at home. Lauren is for the most part a stay at home mom who even watches Mia after school. Mia is so infatuated with the babies she started asking me about giving her a brother or sister.

Q: She is? Well, what's going on with you on the romantic front these days?

There is someone, but I don't kiss and tell anymore. We're taking it as it comes and we'll see where it goes. And before you comment this is not about me being a commitment phobe it's honestly not like that. I'm a father now and I need to make sure the lady will fit into both of our lives before I make anything permanent.


I think that wraps it up for now....maybe one of these days I'll actually finish writing the sequel.

No comments:

Post a Comment