Untitled (Free Flow Friday)

Forever and always had an expiration date
Stuck on the downside of fate
What is love but an illusion leaving me in a state of blinded confusion
Your gentle caress, kind words, and promises were all pretty packaged lies
No longer looking through those rose colored eyes
Hurt me so good in a way I never believed you would
You stole my happily ever after, my smiles, and my laughter
Heart breaking from the years you've taken away from me
Wishing I could travel back to the day we met to stop that first domino from falling down leading to the trail of my biggest regret

5 comments:

Delaina said...

I'm concerned.....

Anonymous said...

Is everything alright? =(

Cheryl B. Dale said...

I'm so sorry for what you're going through. The only good thing to come out of it is your writing. Your words are crystal clear and hit the heart.

Anonymous said...

Regret may be the wrong choice in words Laura. I still think there's something to salvage and so does Rita...please think this thru MORE and consider all the options before completely letting go...we will be here when you hit rock bottom just like any other time since 02!

ElbieNy25 said...

@ Gina. There is nothing I can do anymore. He fell out of love with me a long time ago, he isn't willing to change or fix anything in our relationship, and I am tired of being in this marriage by myself.

Post a Comment