Trial and Error Monday: Memorial Day Edition

This post is a day late because of the three day holiday weekend. There were a couple of new experiences I had this weekend:

What wasn't so new: Going to Maxies for my friend's birthday and singing some crazy Karaoke
What was new: Not drinking at all (never done that at Maxies) and singing a Taylor swift song I had only previously sung in my car and once to my 90 year old neighbor.

What wasn't so new: I did some writing for another draft of Prep School Sins
What was new: I re-wrote the intro using 90% of the critique suggestions from Julie and it got me some very positive feedback

What wasn't so new: Spending my day off relaxing in my underwear
What was new: Driving Antonio to the mechanic to pick up his car while still in my underwear

What wasn't so new: Ending up at a restaurant I don't like because I am an overly picky eater and my friend chose it to celebrate her birthday
What was new: Thinking outside the box and finding a delicious meal option off of the children's menu

And technically this shouldn't count because it happened Thursday, but this experience was the most exciting of all so I have to include it. Thursday I went with my friend to her ultrasound appointment. I had never seen one before and this was the one where we found out the gender. She's having a boy just like she wanted! To see the baby moving around (inside her) just made everything more real. And this is a moment I will cherish forever.

5 comments:

Claire Dawn said...

Oooo, what Taylor Swift song? I'm hoping to see her in 2 months. She's opening of r Stevie Wonder in Tokyo. SIGH!

ElbieNy25 said...

I sang "You Belong With Me". I remember being envious over you telling me that previously.

Anonymous said...

I have made it into another of your blogs =) The ultrasound was super cool huh? Glad you could be there and I can say I was your first! LMAO...many more memories and firsts to come!

Chuck23 said...

lol. I like the approach you took to this blog, with the new and not so new scenarios going on!

Anonymous said...

Such a diverse tableaux of scenarios! Never a dull moment when you can say you sang Taylor Swift and drove to the mechanic in your underwear in one post. I love it!

Post a Comment