A Love Poem To Myself (Free Flow Friday)

Beautiful isn't some skinny airbrushed bitch on the cover on Cosmo.
Beautiful is the essence of some one's soul

What makes you beautiful is the life you've led and the person you have been
Your scars are beautiful because they are badges of survival
Your eyes tell the unpublished story of your journey
And your heart is pure despite the corruption that has surrounded it all these years

Just because others haven't appreciated your value doesn't mean it isn't there
Don't focus on how far you still have to go, but how far you have already come
Be proud that you are unlike everyone else and stop trying so hard to change that
Love all that you are instead of coveting all that you are not

You are phenomenal, talented, intelligent, and above all else resilient
It is because of tragedies that you have become triumphant
And the most beautiful thing about you is that you have no idea how beautiful you are

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WELL SAID! Or, as the 23 year old son of my neighbour would say, TRU DAT! lol Very inspirational and heart felt. You speak quaint words of wisdom!

Claire Dawn said...

The only thing I don't agree with is calling the model a bitch. If I had it like that, I'd be modelling too.

I do agree however that beauty is who you are. I haven't always been beautiful but I'm trying hard to be now.

Anonymous said...

TWO THUMBS UP!! and about DAMN time!! No need to self loathe when there are so many good qualities to go with the few that could change! Look at it this way...look how much you have changed just while Ive known you!

Anonymous said...

Perfectly stated! We all need to know beauty is our souls.

ElbieNy25 said...

Thanks guys.

@ Claire I don't think all models are bitches, I think I was more trying to drive a point home. But I do get what you're saying.

Post a Comment