The Phoenix Passions (Free Flow Friday)

This is more of a rap than a poem, inspired by Eminem's newest CD "Recovery"

They say hope is eternal and I'm eternally sprung
Wisdom wasted on the old foolishness runs deep in the young
Let me dirty dance with the devil cause my souls for sale
Highest bidder takes the prize for this reformed sinner
Don't you look at me with judgement in your eyes when you're dressed in designer lies
Traveling first class one way in the journey of lust
Savoring every lingering lick, touch, and thrust
This is me who I am the girl inside
Don't mistake me for the doormat I once was, this bitch's got pride
On the prowl for lifes taste after 29 yaers spent a waste of space
There's no mercy for the weak, if you want your voice heard you better fuckin speak
There are those who play the game and those who sit on the side
Feel the fame when they chant your name no longer denied
Push me and I'll push you back even worse
Center stage no more time to rehearse
My heart never caught up with my head buried in dust
Give me what I want right now and more of it too much is never enough
Phoenix rising from the heat of her ashes soaring into the bed of her latest passions

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I commend you for trying something new! AND I am very happy that you are continuing to write!

Post a Comment