The End of the Road (Trial and Error Monday delayed)

Ever since I can remember I was always a girl with a plan. I knew I was going to have 2-3 kids someday, live in a huge house, be a part time career woman and part time stay at home mom, and live happily ever after. Well the point is that I had some direction.

This past weekend my parents visited and I was ecstatic since I typically only get to see them 2-3 times a year. They live in S.C. over 1000 miles away and the last time I saw them was for Christmas.

This visit was bitter sweet because there were a lot of unpleasant firsts:
*Talking about the impending divorce over breakfast
*A "goodbye" brunch with my parents and the in-laws
*Packing up my life into little boxes and shoving them into my attic
*Unofficially apartment hunting via internet to get an idea of what's out there

So much is up in the air and all this uncertainty makes me uncomfortable. At least if one of the things was resolved like our house being sold or me landing another job I would feel more secure. Antonio has a place to go, his parents, and he gets to keep his current job. This transition isn't nearly as difficult for him.

My mom said it best, "You're neither here nor there, you're in limbo."

Well that's depressing.

3 comments:

Cheryl B. Dale said...

Glad you're blogging again. I was getting concerned about you.

As for plans -- who was it said life is what happens while we're making plans for the future? So take one mountain at a time and go with the flow. It will get better.

Regina said...

Oh sweetie. I wish there was something I could do for you. Give you a hug or something. Limbo is not a fun state to be floating in. Your right it is uncomfortable because you just don't know.

Sorry that you are in that place right now.

Unknown said...

"Every new beginning is some other beginning's end." Great line from that Semisonic song. My buddy and I worked on this site to help folks in transition - at least apartment-wise. www.mapthatpad.com Maybe it'll help you in your's!

Post a Comment