On the Road again...(Bitch it Out Thursday)

My parents are in town, haven't seen them since Christmas since they live over 1000 miles away. I am very close with them and cherish any time I do get to see them. Having said that, it sucks that I have to see them under these circumstances: the impending divorce

I took the first half of teh day off of work to spend with my parents. The morning started out with the talk about where I'm at as far as dating, dividing our assets, meeting the realtor, ect. Then we started packing up my massive angel/faery/cherub figurine collection. I don't consider myself a materialistic person by any means, but I love my "stuff" that is until I have to pack and move it all. I only trust my mom to pack my figurines because she managed to pack them so well that not a single one broke in transport from S.C. to N.Y.

My bitching session today is about moving. It's a necessary evil. I first really aquired "stuff" when I moved into my first apartment after college. Then I made a move from that apartment to my first home. Then I relocated from that house in S.C. to my in-laws in N.Y. Then from my in-laws home to my new home in N.Y. My next move will be to an apartment/house that I rent and eventually to a home that I own. Packing, un-packing, settling in and decorating, then start the cycle all over. My method of madness is to start to pack bits and pieces of my life a little at a time. Then I'll place them in the attic.

I just want a place I can call home. This house no longer feels like my home and you know what they say "there's no place like home".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ugh, I hate moving! One of my absolute LEAST favorite things to do. One good thing about it though is you get to go through all that 'stuff.' I recommend having a garage sale. That way you can make a little extra cash plus unload some of your stuff on someone else so you don't have to pack it. Think of it as a material cleanse :)

Regina said...

You'll have a place to call home and it will feel like home. I know it feels like an endless, perpetual cycle of shit right now, but I promise it will get better. *hugz*

Post a Comment