For Joe (Free Flow Friday Delayed)

Sixteen years young and didn't know shit
That's why I didn't feel the sting from that first hit
Beautiful Italian boy made me his punching toy
Told me I was your entire world coined me your brown-eyed girl
I learned to despise those green eyes of yours seducing me in lies
Should I have been surprised that you were my demise?
Thin line between love and hate, but you were the master of that creation
Hug me punch me kiss me throw me against the wall
Start fresh the next day like nothing happened at all
You gave me your ring in hopes of a new beginning
The deepest wounds were the ones no one could see
The chains you bound me with taking away any possibility
of happiness
I ran away from you because I could no longer live in your house of pain

2 comments:

Cheryl B. Dale said...

Poignant.

Regina said...

More powerful writing again from the heart. The lockbox has opened and is letting all of the things you kept inside--out. I love your strength. You may not feel it, may not know it is there...but it is.

You empower me.

Post a Comment