Nightlight

Welcome to my first "Trial and Error" Monday Blog.

At 29 years old I still sleep with a nightlight. Sometimes it's not a literal night light that you plug into the wall, but a lamp or a hallway light, just something to keep the Boogie Man away.

I'll confess, although I am supposed to save that until tomorrow, that this "Trial and Error" was completely accidental. I wound up so consumed by editing my MS and Mother's Day weekend that I forgot to try something new. And coincidentally I forget to do something routine, turn on my nightlight before I went to bed.

Huddled up in bed by myself I felt safe. As many of you know I have pretty graphic nightmares about dark events from my past. When I wake up in the middle of the night with my heart racing, drenched in sweat, and gripping my sheets for dear life it helps to see that glimmer of light to guide me back down to reality.

The results are mixed. I had a horrible night of sleep because I woke up probably every thirty minutes. Maybe I have grown addicted to that light. My mind knew something was off and couldn't completely relax because of it. I do think it's an experiment worth repeating though. After all I still have my blankey and stuffed animals to protect me from the things that go bump in my head.

3 comments:

Regina said...

I'm glad that you are trying to focus on themes now for your blog. Trying something new is always a way of finding more in your creativty. I love your intensity of facing your fears and how you are open to find resolution.

Claire Dawn said...

Congratulations on making it through the night. Nothing beats conquering a fear. Good luck hon!

Anonymous said...

hey, I say the night light isnt such a bad thing! lots of people have securities they hang onto all through out life! some people even suck their thumbs still at your age!!!

Post a Comment