What A Girl Wants



I realized that I already have the perfect man in my life. He never talks backs, always listens, loves to cuddle, eats my leftover pizza crust, is always excited to see me...his name is Drew Bunnymore. I look forward to the day in the not so distant future when we move out together and get a place of our own.

After work on Monday I went to the library for the first time in months and got some self help books: two on divorce from a woman's perspective, a humorous take and one on Borderline Personality Disorder. The first one I'm reading is called "Ask Me About My Divorce", a collection of essays meant to change your mind about the idea that divorce equals failure but it's rather a new beginning. So far it's light hearted, just what I need.

In other developments, for the first time since I was three years old I officially don't "like" anyone. I have always had crushes, usually a few at a time, but I can honestly say the only person I'm really interested in right now is me. About damn time I stopped focusing all my attention on some boy and started with some self love. Well okay, I do madly love my rabbit-man...

3 comments:

Claire Dawn said...

Good for you!

You always here these lines about loving yourself first, and it starts to sound all cliche.

But the thing about cliches is that sometimes, they're actually true...

ElbieNy25 said...

We need to start exchanging work again, miss you

Regina said...

Starting by loving yourself is a good place. Mr. Bunny is cute and reliable as well. Keep him close to your heart too.

Post a Comment