My Beef With Legolas




A couple of weeks ago while watching "Lord Of The Rings" with a friend, I began pondering a few things. Why after these epic battles when every damn survivor is left bloody, bruised, sweaty, and full of mud does Legolas look ready to shoot an add for Mabelline? Not a hair out of place, perfect porcelain skin, clothes freshly pressed...WTF? What is his secret? I work a desk job Monday through Friday for eight hour shifts and definitely don't look as good leaving as I did when I came in. Although my job stressful, I can assure you there are no brawls with Orcs. Hmmmm

And one more thing, what's with the endless supply of arrows? He carries a knapsack that is always half-full, yet he never runs out. Did they edit the scenes out where they stop off at the Forrest merchant to replenish their supplies? Is this a magical knapsack that replaces each arrow he uses? He never runs out. I would like to apply the same magic to the gas tank of my car if at all possible especially with how gas prices have been going.

Lastly I think we can admit that Legolas is deeply in love with Aragorn. I'm all about beautiful man on man love or the interracial elf-human thing. I'm sure Redtube has entire videos dedicated to just that.

I am if nothing else an observant person.

4 comments:

Claire Dawn said...

1. Legolas' quiver is like Oscar's trash can. It defies all laws of science.

2. Legolas is so sexy that all things bad (dirt, injury, etc) are just repelled.

3. If Aragorn wants Legolas he has to go through me.

GRIN!

Regina said...

LOL.

You make some valid points. I have never looked at it like that before, but now my eyes are open to all of the mentioned above. Thanks for the smile today.

ElbieNy25 said...

You bring up valid points Claire and thanks Regina

Cheryl B. Dale said...

Infinite arrows, eh? Reminds me of the old westerns when six-shooters kept blazing away at seven, eight, even ten times!

Could it be the continuity person was absent the day that scene was shot?

Most likely s/he was like me. Too busy ogling Legolas.

Post a Comment