Beautiful

To me this was always so much more than a word
It's a state of being
Craving something I hardly ever heard
Relentlessly grasping with all five senses
Inside of me afraid I will never be invited
Consistently told quite boldly thanks but no thanks
My father used to call me pretty girl, but I often wondered "what did he know that the rest of the world didn't?"
There are so many different depths yet I was stuck swimming in the most shallow pond
What was it about me that I had or didn't have? 
Was I put together wrong?
Not everything broken can be fixed
A fantasy destination I may never reach
Every time that I was passed over for someone else I hoped maybe next time it would be different
One day they might just realize they were wrong all along
Breath it in, believe it, see in, be it
To me this was always so much more than a word

No comments:

Post a Comment