The non pity party party

This will be short and sweet. After nearly three months on both www.match.com and www.eharmony.com I have yet to get even one date! Forget a date, I haven't even gotten a phone call from a guy. To add salt to the wound I keep hearing on a fairly regular basis from other people all these "success stories" from people who have met on these sites.

My profiles get plenty of views, but very little interest. All the guys that do show interest with me are too old, live too far away, and are completely unattractive to me. And I have approached dozens of guys who once again look at my profile and never respond to my advances.

After several emails and text exchanges I got my hopes up with John, but he kept pushing off meeting face to face and refused to talk on the phone. So I have to doubt the sincerity of his interest.

Obviously it's me. I can't blame the two hundred guys that have viewed my profile and decided to take a pass. So yeah my confidence is deflated. Although friends and family telling me I'm an amazing catch is nice to hear, I have to wonder the validity of it when not one guy that I have shown an interest in seems to feel the same way. (once again we're talking about dozens)

I put myself out there and got rejected. The worst part is I paid more money than I could afford for this rejection. At least in High School it got given to me on a daily basis for free.


I'm seriously wondering what the point is anymore. I tried waiting around. I tried putting myself out there. Same results either way. Maybe I should just give up altogether.

No comments:

Post a Comment