A Sense of Entitlement

I would like to start this blog with a disclaimer. I am by no means a man hater. I have five incredible men in my life (Dave, Doug, Mark, my dad, and my brother) who have shown me the way a man should treat the women in his life: with love, respect, and admiration. Unfortunately almost all other men I have come across have been the exact opposite.

Last winter my landlord left us hanging when he refused to take care of the parking lot. He was off busy skiing in Vermont while our parking lot turned into an ice skating rink. Three of us slipped and fell. Two of us had our cars get stuck. The mail carrier even threatened to stop delivering our mail because it was so bad. I was determined to not let this happen again. There are four apartments in my building; three of us had already banned together and formulated a plan. I would talk to the Landlord on behalf of all of us demanding that he hire someone to maintain the property while he's away or we'll hire someone and deduct it from our rents.

Last night I went to get the fourth apartment on board, the guy who lives above me. I have barely spoken to the guy, but he seemed friendly and the other neighbors vouched for how nice he was. At first we were talking in the hallway, I thought this would be a quick chat and actually came up in my pajamas (sweats in case you're wondering) He wanted to show me his leaking fridge that the Landlord refuses to take care of, so I stepped inside his place. We ended up sitting in his kitchen laughing and getting to know one another.

There was some light flirting. He mentioned how he's heard me before with my ex-boyfriend. I apologized as my face turned completely red. I explained to him that I'm turning a new leaf, holding out for love. He explained he liked booty calls and to keep things simple. I explained I'm a relationship girl who gets emotionally involved, so booty calls don't work for me.

He kept moving closer to me. My body language was stiff. Then he said he thought I was cool and went in for a hug. I thought the hug was innocent until he started kissing me. I pulled away explaining that I can't do this. When I got up to leave he was blocking my way. He started pleading for me to stay because I turned him on so much. It took a good 5 minutes of me backing away towards the door before he let me leave. I was honestly scared what he was going to do.

At first I blamed myself, but that's the whole victim mentality bullshit that women are taught. It is NOT our fault if a guy mistakes our kindness for an invitation to hump us. It doesn't matter what we wore, where we were, ect. At the end of the day no always means no. I told him "no" and he kept pushing for more. And the fact that he was blocking my exit was extremely aggressive. It was not my fault. I did nothing wrong. And now I will feel weird/scared around him as long as we both live there. I am NOT moving. The more I think about it the angrier I get.

It makes me once again lose faith in men as a whole. I am so much more than a good time in bed, too bad the guys I come across are unwilling to take the time to get to know that.

No comments:

Post a Comment