A Discussion Among Friends

****Continued fiction series****

Reid walked into game night at Tyler and Katie's house solo. He was a modern day player with a corral of women to play with. However intimate nights with friends were not a situation he liked to "bring his hoes to." As he expalined to me once, they start getting stupid ideas like they're a couple as opposed to just fuck buddies. Why complicate things? Sex and friendships exist on different planes.

We were all drinking a littl, enjoying some chips and dip, and good conversation. Reid was telling us about his latest conquest. "She's a freak. She wants it all the time, any way she can get it, and anywhere we are. If I could fall in love, it would be with someone like her."

Caleb shook his head, "Why would you even want to be with someone like that?"

As a sexually liberated female I was offended by Caleb's reaction. We had only been dating a few weeks and things were still very PG between us, but still. WTF?! I turned to him, "Someone like that?!"

Caleb addressed the room rather than me, "I'm old school and think a lady should be a lady. What's with all the casual sex these days? Don't people value intimacy anymore?"

Reid laughed, "The things I do are very intimate. I have pictures if you'd like a visual."

Perry spoke up, "Is it old school or sexist? Join the rest of us in the twenty-first century Caleb. Reid is on the same level as these girls. Either they're all sluts or none of them are. You can't have it both ways."

Reed stood up, "It's cool. I'm a slut and damn proud of it."

Katie, "People have sex for all different reasons. Sometimes it's for validation or cause they're lonely. Other times they think they can find love through sex which hardly ever works."

"And sometimes they're horny little freaks like Reid", Tyler hit Reid in the arm. We all laughed.


I thought about the reasons I had made some of the sexual decisions I had, specifically the dumb ones. It's true I was mostly looking for validation; if a guy wanted to sleep with me then it meant I was somehow worthy of his affections. But then again maybe it didn't. Maybe I was just a warm body serving a purpose like all the girls Reid delt with. What if Caleb thought I was "someone like that"?


As if reading my mind Caleb looked at me. "I just don't understand why a strong, smart, beautiful woman wouldn't value herself enough to know that any man she were to be with should prove himself worthy before she gives him the opportunity to be with her."

"Yeah but if every girl realized that then Reid would never get laid", Tyler announced.

Reid smirked, "Don't worry about me, I always find a way to feed my hunger."



As Caleb drove me home later that night I was still irked by what appeared to be his conservative attitude about sex. We hadn't even had "the talk" one on one yet, but now I felt it was the right time. I needed to know where he stook on all of this and how it would affect our relationship.

I put my hand on his arm, "I wanted to talk to you about something."

"Is it Reid? That guy is a complete nut, but I love him like a brother."

"Kind of. There are some colorful things you don't know about my past."

He pulled the car over to the side of the road, took a deep breath, and compeletly wide-eyed asked, "Did something happen with you and Reid?"

"Oh god no. But I have been with guys like him, a lot of guys like him. Basically I've been with a lot of guys."

He thought for a moment before responding. "You know what? It doesn't matter. Right now I'm the guy you're with, the only guy you're with, and who we slept with in the past shouldn't affect who we sleep with today."

"So you want to sleep with me like right now? Your back seat does look inviting." I wink at him.

He softly kisses my lips. "I've wanted you since the moment I first saw you. I just don't think we're there yet. Do you?"

"Would I mind ripping off your clothes while we're parked on the side of the highway and having my way with you? Not at all, but yeah I think we need more time."

He looked at me, then pulled back onto the road. "Great! Now I have to concetrate on driving after you put a very enticing thought in my head. Thanks."

No comments:

Post a Comment