Sex is...


Many things to many different people. It could be as simple as "I'm horny and I need to act out on it." Then you find random person to fulfill said need. It can be with anyone, anywhere, at anytime, and as often as is needed to get the job done. Think Samantha from Sex and The City.

For others it's a manifestation of emotions, a form of expression for how you care about someone. This can be referred to as "making love". It can be put up on such a pedestal that an individual puts confinements on this act: only once I'm married, only in a deeply committed relationship, only when I'm in love.

Other reasons might be boredom or curiosity. What's it feel like? What do they feel like? This tends to be the thought process of the inexperienced folk.

There are those who use sex as a means of manipulation to gain some power. Trophy wives, strippers, most of the characters on the original Melrose Place.
Let me make you feel good so you can do something later on that will benefit me. If you can master this, I think you're brilliant because it's not full proof and there's always some loop hole. Not everyone thinks or reacts the same...

I knew a girl in college who used sex as a way to find "love" or a "relationship". It never worked out for her though. Sex was just sex to the guys she was with and nothing more no matter how hard she tried to make it so.

How about that it just feels good? That's where I'm at. I have no problem admitting that I'm a very sexual person and as long as I'm safe and smart I don't see the problem. It's my body so therefore it's my choice what I do with it. I can easily identify with all the other reasons listed above, but in the end I'm just a woman who loves sex. What irritates me are the double standards. A man with a healthy sexual appetite is fine and dandy, but a woman with a healthy sexual appetite is a whore/slut/tramp/fill in your favorite slang here.

Well I say screw that! I'm sick of living by other people's rules, hiding in the corner avoiding their judgements. This is me. I love sex and anyone who can't handle that is probably so wound up because they aren't getting enough on their own.

3 comments:

Sam said...

Interesting topic and quite the coincidence that I just logged on to blog about the same topic. As a passionate person myself, I agree with you about the frustrations of the double standards and I can relate to those scenarios you've described.

So much can be said through intimacy, especially the first time with a new person. Last night I was with a guy I have only recently started hanging out with and I really like him. He is fun, spontaneous, optimistic and I had a great time. So last night I had to make a decision. Under the circumstances, it was a difficult decision.

Claire Dawn said...

I have a bad, bad, bad relationship with sex. Somehow pretty much everything bad in my life is tied up in sex somehow.So I personally want nothing to do with it.

That said, I totally agree about double standards. Short of physical limitations, things should be the same for every one.

ElbieNy25 said...

Sam you leave me hanging, what choice did you make lol?

Sorry to hear Claire. This may sound so cliche, but maybe you just haven't found the right partner yet.

Post a Comment